View Single Post
03/18/19, 06:46 AM   #4
Supportic
Thank you so much for the quick and detailed response, you're a hero!
I just skipped quick through it and will take some notes when I'm home.

I can already tell that I forgot that the function with the . operator sticks to the Addon namespace which can be passed to other files. I think it also makes sense to check if Addon ~= nil at the start before I define it.

The event filter thing was a new thing to me and I will take care of it asap to improve the performance.

BUT PLEASE do NOT include libraries anymore in the addons subfolders!
Let the user install them as standalone libraries (like addons, via Minion e.g.) and just put in your txt file the tag ##DependsOn: Library1 Library2
This will assure you are not shipping embedded libraries with old versions which might be a problem after updates again! And this assures the idea of libraries is fullfilled.
Regarding the libs. I have a lib folder with LibAddonMenu-2.0 and LibStub in it because I saw it in tutorials and other addons. In addition I added the dependsOn tag in my .txt file for the LibAddonMenu-2.0 lib. If i understood it correctly I should delete the lib folder and install the libs as "addon" in my Addon directory so that I can benefit from lib updates? What if the lib is going to change functionallities and my addon will brake because of it. Isn't it also good to have a older version as backup?

Thanks for the UI links and tips, I will take a look into it. Also the "SI_..." is something which really confuses me because of the huge amount of constants.

New question: Is there a site except http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php where I can track boss mechanics or assign the skills to the bosses or do I have to track them via console outputs and combat stats?