Thread: Dungeon Add-ons
View Single Post
10/03/18, 06:10 AM   #8
Tonyleila

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hofts AddOns are great because they make it easy for the user, its not like he is selling is AddOn so I don't see a problem, plus he took the ideas and not the code. Isn't it the goal of all AddOns to make the game better? And you can't say that any of the Map AddOns gathered the Data by the Author alone, it was a community effort, and we as community deserve the best AddOn we can get from the Data!

OK Lets see:
I have to tell a new player you need to get:

Destinations, LoreBooks, Skyshards, Lost Treasure
This 4 essential AddOns are combined 7,5MB in size! (because they have lot off similar options and many niche extras that not everyone needs)
After you installed this 4 AddOns your Map will look like clusterfuk!
So you have to go into each AddOn setting. Change the icon to black/whit and adjust the size of the icon
Then as new player you have no idea what things are important so you have to look though all Destination settings, do I need to see this?? no idea. Do i need to see that extra eidetic memory books? uh no idea. And then you even have to adjust the map level of Skyshards because else some of them are hiding behind dungeon icons.

At this point I tell them **** it, install Map Pins! No AddOn options. All integrated well into ingame menu. No need to adjust size. No need to adjust the icons so they fit together. No need to think if you need to see the pin for X?! And the best the addon is only 432kb.

I wish we all woud stop with the licenses BS because its not like you will make multi million dollars with the addon if you license it, go work for ZoS if you want money they realy need someone to make their interface better TBH! We just lost Inventory Assistant because of this, and I'm a bit pissed, not about the author (best guy that fast implemented a lot of my suggestions etc) but about the way it got down and the reaction, it was such a great AddOn!

Work together instead of against each other!

Last edited by Tonyleila : 10/03/18 at 06:32 AM.