Thread: Librarian
View Single Post
04/21/14, 07:37 PM   #23
Flamage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rainwhisper View Post
Is there any chance that you'll add it to Curse, so that those of us oldtimers who still have Curse Premium accounts won't have to keep manually updating it?
Thanks for your support! I'm really glad you like that addon and I'm working hard to make it even better (and faster).

Although I don't have any personal issues with curse.com, I won't be uploading the addon there - at least for the moment. I don't want the ESO addon scene to become fragmented like it did with WOW, where there were multiple sites, multiple addon managers, and them multi-site addon managers, with all the controversy behind stealing bandwidth and advertising revenue. The community here at ESOUI is wonderful, their tools for deploying new versions of my addon are excellent, and Zenimax's own support document on creating addons links to the wiki here, which I take as an unofficial endorsement. It certainly has the largest database of addons for ESO currently.

As Cairenn suggested, I'd highly recommend checking out Minion, it should be all you need for managing your ESO addons, and it doesn't require a premium subscription to enable automatic updating. Sorry if that wasn't the response you were hoping for.