View Single Post
04/27/14, 09:49 AM   #1
myslex
More gloss.. Lets disable it!

My previous thread is here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179

I am posting here with an update, and I need your help again:

Extensive testing shows promise using the method user 'biki' suggested.. However!!
When a player uses a 'shielding' or 'power up' ability, extra gloss with the 'protective amount' is added to both the ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleover, and PlayerAttributeHealth frames.. but here is the twist:

.. The functions, or 'variables' are not available till after a player or a target have activated one of these abilities rendering it impossible to 'initialize' a value, say :SetHidden(true), this returns a lua error with 'nil'

functions involved are:

Gloss that is added is this:
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldLeftOverlay
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldLeftOverlayGloss
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldLeftOverlayChunkGloss

ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlay
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightChunkOverlay
Example:
You cannot have this line in the 'OnLoaded' function of your addon:
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss:SetHidden(true)
.. However you can write ingame after a person has used a shielding ability:
/Script ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss:SetHidden(true)
So my question is: Is it possible to check if a 'function' or 'variable' is available before executing it??
Say.. Can we check if 'ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss:SetHidden(true)' returns error/nil before we actually attempt it?

And before I continue this post, I would like to say that I tried overriding the default 'sethidden' and 'setalpha' methods like user Fathis Ules showed me before, but they are returning nil error aswell..

Sincerely yours,
MSKLEx