View Single Post
11/20/19, 11:09 AM   #4
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
One of the big mantras of ESO is, "Play how you want."
Which is great... But what that really means is, "Have fun, play and build your character how you want......
but you may not be viable."
Meaning, putting all your attribute points into magicka because the majority of your class spells you've chosen are magicka based, and then trying to use a 2-handed sword...... is not viable. (2-handed swords, axes, and maces are all made for stamina builds.)
You may be able to kill things and have fun doing it, but you're never going to reach your full potential. And you certainly won't be invited to any trials, I'm sure. lol.

Something I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet is... Professions!

Most players feel it's best to get started on leveling all of the professions as soon as possible. Whether it be to help make yourself gold, help other players, or craft gear for yourself, etc.
At level 6, you can get certified in each profession, which works as a small tutorial for each.

"When you reach level six a new notice will appear on the noticeboards in all major cities. The notice states that master crafters are willing to share their knowledge on crafting for free, which will allow you to complete writs. There are two master crafters, Millenith and Danel Telleno, who can certify you in three professions each."

It's important to pay attention to what the NPCs Millenith and Danel Telleno tell you.

To quickly level up most professions, you simply deconstruct all of the gear/items you pick up at their respective crafting stations. This isn't how you level alchemy or provisioning, though. I'll let you figure those out.

TL;DR - Get started on leveling your professions ASAP.

Also, I made myself a list of all the game's zones and their most popular cities. I use Ctrl+F (shortcut for "find" function) in the document to search for where I need to go.
I have a problem with knowing which city I need to go to... but not where that city is located. So this document helps me tremendously. You may appreciate it, as well.
Feel free to download it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt41a1imky...ities.rtf?dl=0