View Single Post
06/17/18, 09:01 AM   #9
DesertDwellers
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hawkeye1889 View Post
Can someone suggest an alternative to Librarian? Pocket Apocrypha looks great but it crashes eso anytime I pickup a book.

Thanks in advance
If you are using pChat, you need to turn off the option in Pocket Apocrypha to send notifications to Chat. Just use the Annoucements. Least in my testing that is what I found. PA is using a functions to send the chat that are causing it to lock up.

Below is from the pChat comments and what I found out.

Originally Posted by DesertDwellers
Originally Posted by joshmiller83
pChat & Pocket Apochrypha are currently bugged somehow. When used together, reading NEW Motif books causes a HARD Crash. PA alone does not cause this crash and pChat alone to my knowledge doesn't either. Any chance you can look into this?

https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/97
There is a conflict, I loaded up Pocket Apochrypha and upon reading a book I did crash. I did find a work around though.

In the Pocket Apochrypha options, select the New Book Alert Format, and the Updated Book Alert Format to only send Alerts (center screen in game alert). That solved the crashing problem.

pChat takes over the chat, redoing a lot of the in game chat functions, many addons send information to chat with no problem at all. Only one other has any sort of conflict until now, and that conflict is because it also takes over the game chat functions. In that case it does not cause a crash, pChat simply get ignored and it formats the chat in its own way.

I did notice he uses a different library to send chat, so it is likely that is where it is at.