View Single Post
06/27/17, 02:03 AM   #17
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jizargo View Post
Because you're in no way fulfilling a request or search you're just trolling.

With all that being said, good day. I'm not looking to argue, and I won't. So don't bother responding to me. Just take what I said with a cup of milk.
Writing a wall of text that's completely offtopic, doesn't do anything besides fishing for reaction and then telling people you won't accept a response is the epitome of trolling in my opinion. Why not offer to make this yourself instead of snarling at authors who already have made a ton of addons become a reality?

To get back on topic, it sounds interesting and should be doable. In one of my addons I did something similar with a specific emote that would be called again until I interrupt it by moving.

Lua Code:
  1. local function Moisturize()
  2.         if(not IsPlayerMoving()) then
  3.             SLASH_COMMANDS["/bucketsplash"]()
  4.             zo_callLater(Moisturize, 1500)
  5.         end
  6.     end
  7.     SLASH_COMMANDS["/keepmoist"] = Moisturize

It should be possible to do the same with UseCollectible(*integer* _collectibleId_), but instead of just using zo_callLater it's probably better to check if there is an event telling when the cooldown is over. How to get the collectibleId is another problem. It could accept the id as a parameter to a slashcommand, use a settings menu with a dropdown, add an entry to the collectible context menu or even just use the info from the currently selected quickslot. And instead of canceling it when moving, it might be better to make a set of functions to toggle it on and off, but it would also need to listen for failure events (e.g. when in combat or something).

Overall it's a bit more than *just* slapping together a few lines of code and I don't really have time to take care of the request, sorry.