View Single Post
09/07/22, 08:03 PM   #11
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The Minion API is not closed, no authentication is required to access it, how are we disallowing access?

There is just no documentation or support for it other than Minion right now. There are some addon updaters for wow that researched where its located and were able to follow how the API works easily. I will say though if your updater starts using resources we can not support we may need to rate limit or temp block it until a solution is found to be able to support it. So please be careful in how you design it and make it as efficient as possible. The 3rd party wow addon updaters that use it now have done an ok job and we haven't had to do anything yet.

Minion v4 is planned to be open source (also have dep support) but time just keeps slipping away and things are more difficult than you might think. sirinsidiator has put a ton of work into it.

With that said we are far from a large company (Cairenn and I are the owners and the only employees) and make enough to pay for the resources our sites use and that's about it. We might seem like a large company its just we've been around for 20yrs now and built websites for games we like and don't shut them down unless the game company shuts the game down.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/07/22 at 08:29 PM.