View Single Post
04/25/17, 03:34 PM   #25
AssemblerManiac
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It's possible, but not something we could do quickly. The UI only loads once when you first get in game. After that, traveling to different areas doesn't reload the UI. There is no support right now for dynamic loading of an addon and dynamic unloading would be much harder than that.
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I think this is going into a wrong direction. The whole "I want to addon set 1 while doing x" thing is IMO just a sign that some addons are too heavy. Instead of trying to get ZOS to add something to disable them based on a value in the manifest, I think it would be better if we could get ZOS to add something to allow us to easily profile performance and memory usage of addons in certain scenarios. That way we can easily find out why someone wants addon a, b and c disabled during a trial and do something about it.
Besides, it is pretty easy to write an addon that manages other addons based on the zone you are in and automatically reload the ui with only some addons enabled, but pretty much impossible to write an addon to analyze other addons performance and memory usage.
Who said anything about analyzing someone elses addon? I'm talking strictly from the addon author point of view where, as authors, we know if our addon is heavy enough to cause performance problems where someone would want max responsiveness (trials).

If we can write a library that's easy enough to use, that forces reloadui when going into trials IF they have an addon loaded that they don't want to have, then lets do it.

Basic features
- pop up list of addons that are currently loaded
- allow user to mark which to not run during trials
- grab snapshot of "what's loaded" when entering trial, remove some, reload (if any were selected)
- figure out which event to track to know when they're going into/out of a trial zone
- restore snapshot of "what's loaded" when exiting trial

If this needs to move to a diff thread, someone split it off pls.