View Single Post
09/09/22, 12:33 PM   #13
Bastion.NtB
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
The Minion API is not closed, no authentication is required to access it, how are we disallowing access?

There is just no documentation or support for it other than Minion right now.
So I might be able to extract the API endpoint, credentials, and then figure out the syntax and how it all works and what it wants to send back data... but what about the TOS?

You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by GGMODS. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers). You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
Sounds to me the way it's worded, it doesn't like the idea of anything other than Minion, nor does it want you use other automated tools outside the ones provided by GGMODS.

I would like to be able to attempt at making a new software to manage mods. If the admins are amenable, could I reach out to you (or the devs) in DMs for some other information?