View Single Post
02/10/22, 02:54 AM   #1
MarcusUK
Potion waste prevention addon

I find it's far too easy to "tap" the quickslot "up" on the D-pad on my controller leading to potions being consumed when not intended, which is wasteful and annoying. Looking for a QoL mod that helps improve this for gamepad, but I don't know if any of this is even possible or whether the API offers variables for each type of potion in the game to allow it. But in my mind it would function something like this:

Consumption requires "double tap" instead on a single "tap" so player is sort of required to confirm their intention to use a potion if a condition not met for the slotted potion:

For example, if using a Stamina potion and Stam-bar is not below an amount set in addon/settings e.g. 20% double-tap is required, else single-tap works (to speed things up in more urgent combat situations). If key-pushes can be put into functions, then the second tap would have to be registered within a certain time to count, such as 500ms.

Same principle for a Health or Magicka potion. Each stat may have different settings that a player requires to trigger usage with 1-tap or need a 2-tap because bar is not low enough, e.g. they may want to use Stam/Magic refills at ~<20% but Health at ~<50% in a crunch.

Not sure how to make this work for Tri-stat potions as I'm thinking mainly of potions that mainly target Stamina, Health or Magicka rather than 2 or 3 stats. Possibly having several custom options for how single-stat and multi-stat potions are triggered.

Would appreciate knowing if either such an addon exists or whether or not such an addon could be made.

Thanks.