View Single Post
03/29/14, 01:45 PM   #16
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
What type of damage do staffs do....covered.
You merely state that it scales on stamina. We know that, but that's not the question.

Is it physical or magical damage? Nowhere did you answer that.

"Stamina-based" does not mean physical.

Look at this video just before 3 minutes. Destruction staves are mitigated by spell resist. That strongly implies they are magical damage, despite the weapon-damage being stamina based.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...wZHb4sXY#t=172

So, now, what type is restoration staff? Is it physical, or is it magical? And if it's magical, is there a particular element?

Originally Posted by antique67 View Post
I draw this "Theory" from the film and the discussion above. Maximizing "Stamina" is far better in an attack than increasing "Magic" in an attack. It is Weapon Damage that kills. Magic need only to be used if one is waiting for a build up ( increase) in Stamina during a fight. Magic is only good in applying certain spells that one can use to buff an attack or buff a defense.

So if I need an AOE of shield, Magic is called to the front. But to eliminate the foe, Stamina is prevalent in doing so. Sorcerers beware! You need that stamina too!
Anywyas that's how tomorrow morning will open up form me in ESO's Grand Opening! <smile> Have fun ya'll!
If someone empties a big tank of magicka on you, it's going to hurt a lot.

While weapon damage does kill, so do class skills, and there's certainly a crossover point of what to use based on your weapon.

It is interesting to consider that using light/heavy weapon attacks only, an archer can use a staff to far better effect than a mage.

Last edited by Vuelhering : 03/29/14 at 01:55 PM. Reason: edit: added second response