View Single Post
08/25/22, 04:46 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Then I would like to rant on how bad the state of the game is right now.
Hello helgamarie,
and I'd like to rant about how your text is written, as a text block without any paragraph
Don't get me wrong, I'm not rude here. But it makes me, and most probably others too, just, skip to read your text.

Please consider editing it or at least, for future texts, add more paragraphs to unstress the eye and reading.
Thank you for considering this.

Back to your topic:
Thank you for your kind addon community related words, it's appreciated.

I partially agree with your ideas that Zenimax could have added more of the addon provided stuff into the base game,
also to ease the console player's live.
They already did that meanwhile, like add more inventory sub-filters (addon: AdvancedFilters), allthough this was taking several years and was only added half-way (crafting table inventory did not get any subfilters).

I guess there are other projects the same devs need to work on and ESO is thus not getting all attraction it could get.
Overall we devs are happy that we get API funtions and possibilities for the addons, which is not a matter of course.
I've played other games where it was just NOT possible or even allowed to use addons, and even if allowed the API was always old and lacking so many features.
Here we got some dedicated ZOs dev who are in contact with us and provide us updates what will be worked and improved, where new API will be available or existing old code will be unwired and improved.
I like this and as long as it will not be "forced each patch" it's okay to update addons to make it compatible again.

It takes time then and the user base using the addons just need to relax, wait for the fix/adoption. If they cannot wait they most likely will realize how important that addon is for them -> Time to tell the dev and optionally donate then to compensate their time invest, which cannot be spend on playing the game
Disable those addons and wait, everthing works without addons. Not as comfortable as it could be but it does work.
Ppl are quick in complaining but positive feedback is often forgotten.

Overall I'd say it could be better, but it definately could be worse! I'm happy with what we got and I like them to work on the game and fix real bugs, add new features (allthough a card game is nothing I'd tell an appreciated feature in an MMO RPG or even pay money for it... sorry ZOs! ).

But as you said, everyone thinks differently, and this is great.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/25/22 at 04:49 AM.