View Single Post
04/14/23, 11:43 AM   #15
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes it's working for many of us so not sure why they should not for you (And they had worked in the past as I understood cuz you said you already had used Minion properly?).
It should extract at least the 9 files from the lib folder.

What installer did you download where exactly?
Try this link:
https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.5-32bit.exe
That's what I have used, installed and created the screenshots from for you.

Older versions cannot help here I guess and I do not know where to get older verisons.
It looks like your Norton Suite is either blocking soemthing (wouldn't be the first time,I only had problems with that crap and I never used it anymore after DOS Norton Commander, which was great) or your Windows System got something weird going on there.

Try the following maybe:

Create a new Windows user with admin rights. Disable Norton stuff there for this new user, if even possible. Norton was so intrusive in the past that it wanted to block and prevent users frome everyhting, even if it was needed...

Just install Minion to that new user and check if it will install and run. That way you can at least see if any installed software on your current user, which is maybe not activated for the new user, blocks or interferes.

About Norton allowing whole folders: I don't know. Please read the online documentationa bou your software, I hope they got help / support pages with info how to unblock/allow total folders like c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online or c:\users\...\appdata\local\minion or the windows temp folder for the Minion installation etc.

Or if you do not want to install anything try if the plain Java version of Minion works for you:
https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.5-java.zip
But you need a Java Runtime Enviornment installed I gess to run the file "Minion-jfx.jar" from that zip file (extract all files and folders first before trying to run the .jar file).