03/12/15, 05:28 PM   #8
Nolan Kotulan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm back with a very good new...

This:
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Hm, another (untested) solution how to change zoom animation:

Lua Code:
  1. local function CreateSlotAnimation(inventorySlot)
  2.     if inventorySlot.slotControlType == "listSlot" then
  3.         local control = inventorySlot
  4.         local controlType = inventorySlot:GetType()
  6.         if (controlType == CT_CONTROL and control.slotControlType == "listSlot") then
  7.             control = inventorySlot:GetNamedChild("MultiIcon") or inventorySlot:GetNamedChild("Button")
  8.         end
  10.         if (control and not control.animation) then
  11.             control.animation = ANIMATION_MANAGER:CreateTimelineFromVirtual("IconSlotMouseOverAnimation", control)
  12.             control.animation:GetFirstAnimation():SetEndScale(1)
  13.         end
  14.     end
  15. end
  16. ZO_PreHook("ZO_InventorySlot_OnMouseEnter", CreateSlotAnimation)
Works perfectly!
So thank you very much Garkin!!! :)

I updated my Inventory Grid View Vanilla Skin with this code in it for my personnal use.
Now, my question is: could I include this for the public release I'll upload soon?
I'll give you credit of course.

Take a look at what it looks:

So now, what is left:
  1. I'm still looking for someone that could (and would like to be kind enough :) to code a little mod to override the two DDS texture files for new item and stolen item icons as I think the actual ones are really badly designed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look at this. I'don't think I would integrate this in my skin however, as it is something totally different and as it wouldn't really be my mod as I can only do the graphical part. But so, still looking for someone to make that mod a reality.
  2. This is less important but still, I'm also looking for someone who could adapt the Equipped apparel panel items to work like Inventory Grid View ones (customizable background, outline and hovering effect and a little bit smaller size) because even if we can customize the background and the outline by using Wykkid's Equiment Borders mod, the howering effect "can't" actually be changed (I would like to make it colored by item's quality like in inventory) and the items themselves are a little bit bigger than in inventory (and so they get out of their frames).
  3. Someone to code a mod to override the bounty meter textures as it is a very ugly piece of UI element.
  4. Coming soon...

I know that I'm a little bit a nit-picker (but hey! I work in graphic design, so... ;) but I really think we could achieve some great UI enhancements here. And mostly, on top of it, even if people don't like my work, the code could be used by other graphic designers...

Finally, about this:
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you try this addon here?
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...ureViewer.html

Download, install, /realoadui, activate it in the settings -> Show window -> Press the refresh circle icon at the top left side of the addon window.

It displays the texture's width and height + filesize at the right.
You only have to search the path where the DDS textures are in manually.

The "new inventory" icon is in "/esoui/art/inventory/newitem_cion.dds" and is of 32 x 32 pixles size
I didn't search the other meter images so far, but maybe you will find them and it helps.
Thank you very much for the info about the dimensions of the new item icon and for the info about the mod. I didn't have time to try it actually, but I will this weekend. I'm sure it will be really useful, so thanks again.

And thanks again to everybody has, is and will help me. :)

Regards,
Nolan

Last edited by Nolan Kotulan : 03/14/15 at 02:41 PM.