View Single Post
07/24/22, 01:59 PM   #47
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DreamsUnderStars View Post
Sure, but why not try patreon too? See which one is better. At least with patreon you don't have to deal with some potentially shady ad partner or offensive ad.
After couple weeks of attempt I have to say Patreon's API is just too awful to work with.

Firstly their documentation sux. Documentation only provide one sample payload with the most important piece missing and doesnt tell you what the payload might differ for different events.

Based on their documentation their trigger doesnt fire if user paused the pledge. Which means users can just create a pledge and then pause it before the payment is made. Patreon will still happily report that the user has pledged to the campaign.

Also they specifically mentioned that any fraud event will not trigger any trigger. I.E. you can just put in a fake card and the server will never know.

The way their API is designed right now is super developer unfriendly and requires too much manual labor. Unless people are ok with no perks I dont see myself working with that awful API/webhook until they made it better.

Last edited by cyxui : 07/24/22 at 02:04 PM.