View Single Post
02/17/14, 05:57 PM   #3
Holylifton

My Templar Healing Build

If you look at the three "caster" races, the Bretons and Altmer have better magika management than the Dunmer. As a Dunmer, you need to invest 2 skill points to get a max magica of 9% vs Brets and Alts who get 10% with a single skill point. They also have the utility of increasingh their rate of magika rgen (Alts) or spending less magika on spells (Brets). So if players of equal skill were to have a competition, Brets and Alts might be a wash but they would both outheal the Dunmer.

Altmer
Spellcharge
+(3/6/9)% magicka recovery in combat.
Gift of Magnus
+(4/7/10)% maximum magicka.

Breton
Gift of Magnus
+(4/7/10)% maximum magicka.
Magicka Mastery
-(1/2/3)% spell cost.

Dunmer
Dynamic
+(2/4/6)% maximum magicka and stamina.
Resist Flame
+(1/2/3)% maximum magicka.

So I chose Altmer for my Healer. Basically what I've done is loaded up on Restoring light and Resto staff. I found that I had a lot of trouble with OOM during the beta so the plan is to use restoring light abilities until mana runs out then swith to resto staff abilities until stam runs out. I skilled up the Undaunted Blood Alter skill and even morphed it to Overflowing Alter. I might also skill up Equlibrium from the Mages guild to improve survivability. I will have to see how squishy I am. Also, it's another slotted skill.
Rinse and repeat.

Here's my build so far:
http://www.esohead.com/calculator/sk...KTzj8zL7McK4PZ

I expect multiple respects between 1 and 50 as the realities of the game's situations play out. But to start, I think this is headed in the right direction. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.