View Single Post
06/17/15, 09:01 PM   #3
Werewolf Finds Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's a ridiculous idea, frankly.

No game should ever appeal to all playstyles. Ever. There's a reason that video games don't do that. By your estimation, I should be able to finish Portal 2 easily by shooting people in the face, because my 'play style' happens to be Call of Duty. That's nonsense. That shows just how -- frankly -- spoiled MMO gamers have become, where they feel as they are are by right of birth assured to be able to enjoy an MMO in whatever way they deem desirable.

The Elder Scrolls Online has been small-group PvE focused for a long time, now. After the PvP flopped, as it does in every MMO foolhardy enough to include it, they turned their attentions to PvE. And the part of PvE that appeals to the vast majority of non-WoW playing MMO gamers is small group content. The thing is is that there's no point chasing WoW. Unless you can open your game with sixty raids, you've lost. You might as well base your game entirely around raiding.

Wildstar tried. It lost. It's a ghost town, now.

The developers have to do their best to develop for the largest demographic. And the largest demographic are those who play the game either solo or in a small group. Speaking from the point of profitability and sustainability, for the longevity of the game? They'd be better off dropping PvP, scaling 'group' dungeons to the number of people entering (rather than requiring a full party) and adding private versions of 'public' dungeons. That's not for me, that's just from observations of how I've seen the game played, and what people are saying online, in forums, and in the game's chat.

If you want them to overhaul PvP, you're asking them to work on something less than 5~ per cent of their players actually play. If PvP was popular, it would've been overhauled and fixed by now. It's just not a priority. You can't expect for it to be. They don't have WoW's money, they can't just throw money at working on something that such a small amount of the playerbase actually bothers with.

If 85~ per cent of the players were doing PvP, it'd be different.

Honestly, I'd advise playing a PvP-focused game. You'll feel better.

I would also advise not using obviously fallacious arguments and appeals to the crowd. I suspect that the people around here are smarter than that. I mean, honestly, including 'addon development' in bold as a gameplay style? Really now?

I would have empathised with your desire for PvP more if your post weren't so acerbic, demanding, egotistical, and self-entitled.