View Single Post
07/16/17, 04:07 AM   #28
Solinur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sounomi View Post
Then there's LibAnnyoingUpdateNotificationInGame, which certainly does what its name implies quite well and annoys its users. People I've talked to about it thought it was just something ZOS put into the game but upon learning that it's from add-ons, including ones that haven't been updated in months, they were rather annoyed to learn about its nature.
False bug reports made by a small fraction of the users who are not properly updating their addons takes time away from making new features or addons a much bigger audience would enjoy. A few ways how to deal with this have been discussed and said lib was the way that came up.

For CustomTitles it only makes sense if as many people as possible have it.

Also you seem to imply that there are greedy authors that jump onto addons as soon as they are abandoned. It's more like people who know authors ask them if they can fix it and once you do that of course it makes sense to share those fixes. There have been calls from some authors to take over addons, but rarely people answer to that. So to me the idea that there is a league of evil addon authors seems simply ridiculous to me, but I admit I would really enjoy being in one.