View Single Post
07/16/17, 09:20 AM   #30
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jpdouble69 View Post
The authors that are posting here all have these kinds of invisible/hidden functions implemented.
I'd love to know what invisible functions my addons have so that I can properly boast about these features.

They argue that they put in a lot of work into it and it it their addon(s). So they have the right to do whatever they want.
I'm arguing that I've done enough work that I don't want to create more work by adding a toggle to ever minute facet of my addons. I can add toggles for the toggles so you can toggle the toggles or I can keep addons up to date and add features.

No declaration, no option, no control, no choice, nothing. That is the way these authors want it. It was not done that way by accident, it was meant to be exactly that way.
The funny thing about downloading open source addons is that you have all of the power in the world to change how they function. What you meant is "I'm not fed control on a silver platter" and thus it's too much to bear. I've already explained two methods in which you could stop that functionality but they are both too much effort for you because you want everything done for you, which is typical of addon users. Nothing we do is ever enough and when we turn down more work to appease the few, we are tyrants.