View Single Post
07/17/17, 04:17 PM   #33
jpdouble69
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I'm arguing that I've done enough work that I don't want to create more work by adding a toggle to ever minute facet of my addons. I can add toggles for the toggles so you can toggle the toggles or I can keep addons up to date and add features.

The funny thing about downloading open source addons is that you have all of the power in the world to change how they function. What you meant is "I'm not fed control on a silver platter" and thus it's too much to bear. I've already explained two methods in which you could stop that functionality but they are both too much effort for you because you want everything done for you, which is typical of addon users. Nothing we do is ever enough and when we turn down more work to appease the few, we are tyrants.
Rhyono, while not 100% agreeing i really appreciate you are taking the time and arguing in a constructive manner which is very welcome since the latest comments have been "bizarre".

By raising the issue it might seem like i am one of these users who are never satisfied with your work. I am using and trying out new addons a lot. Minion makes it easy keeping them updated, searching for and trying out new stuff, re-installing, deleting etc.

While Minion is convenient in that way it also reduces the interaction between authors and users. As long as everything is working fine no one seems to care about the work put in. On the other side errors are expected to be fixed like updating an addon - fast and easily like pressing Update in Minion.

The offset between authors and users is also found in this thread. Both sides do not understand each other - the willingness to interact is hidden behind preconceptions.

Yes, i would like to see changes being made. Does it need to be an option or just documented properly?! There are a variety of ways. Making it a standalone addon focusing on Role-Playing and adding more functions over time would be my favorite.

I doubt it will come easy and soonish but i would greatly appreciate changes.