07/18/17, 03:54 PM   #39
jpdouble69
Originally Posted by manavortex
By continuing to complain you're basically saying
  • You are okay with using our AddOns and thus benefit from our work
  • You don't trust us to not do something harmful
  • You can't be bothered to control us yourselves
  • You want us to put in even more work to give you a way to control us
Point four is somewhat of a paradox, because if you don't trust our libraries, how can you trust our trigger to disable our libraries?
About trust
Yes, i don't trust everybody but trust the author of LibCustomTitles. He has been managing and maintaining several addons for a very long time. He is doing a great job on updating, fixing and responding. So i got trust in his work over a long period of time.
There is no need to trust someone else on the functionality not being harmful.

About work
Beside the lib-author the only thing other authors did was copying & pasting it to their addons. And when the lib is changed or updated the only one working is the author.
Instead you are working in this thread to provide a "solution". Now that you provided a solution it would be a good time to update your addon info page.
That way you can finish your work that you already started here.
But instead it is not about defintions of work anddoing it here where is belongs somewhere else. It is...

About control
Originally Posted by manavortex
A better way to solve that "problem" for the individual user would be a bat file to recursively delete the LibCustomTitles folder, something like
Code:
"%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online"
FOR /d /r . %d IN (LibCustomTitles) DO @IF EXIST "%d" rd /s /q "%d"
I haven't tried it, but that should work.

I hope that solves your problem.
When you put in work in this thread and offer a solution to "my problem" you are basically doing work trying to control me here and to control your addon users. To conclude...

About paradox
You copied & pasted a lib of someone else to your addon - you call that work. You control the users by not providing information where it belongs. You are putting in work in this thread to control me while your addon users are being controlled.
But you are twisting it so much that you dare to say "You can't be bothered to control us".

About trust
After all that you want me and others to trust you...