View Single Post
06/18/14, 04:36 PM   #1
GrfxGawd

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up TESO Turbo - New!

First let me say I'm not a scripter or programmer. I was a UI wizard, meaning lots of exceptionally deep and esoteric photoshop secrets... that was almost a decade ago now. I have a small little something I would like for the developer community to play with. It'll help a game run a little better. At 32 bytes it's not a world changing thing, but it's just that little extra sumthin' sumthin'.

Place it in your eso.exe dir. Double click to run, it'll launch the client. Now, if you've less or more than 8 logical cores you will need to edit the file. The "magic number" is 55. This is hex for 01010101. So, less or more cores please choose a proper binary representation and convert to an appropriate hex value and insert in place of "55". (0 means core off, 1 means core on).

So, the point of the exercise? The game client can be a bit sluggish, so we up it's priority. But, it'd be a real shame if we let it hog all the processes, so we limit the number of cores it has elevated privileges on. Pretty simple. Net result - it smooths things out a bit. And, that's about all it does.

Before I turn this loose on the general public, I'd very much appreciate having some people who understand and can manage such things to give it a go, and if possible provide some feedback. I thank you all for your time.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06/18/14 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Please don't attach files to threads, upload instead ~ Cairenn