View Single Post
03/08/16, 01:02 PM   #7
ZoLatKam

Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
1) Get and install Google Drive, Dropbox, or some other cloud software that has a computer client.
2) Move the addons folder (as Balver listed) into the sync'd folder from the cloud software.
3) Get Link Shell Extension (or use command prompt in next step)
4) Setup a junction link in the old addon location pointing to the folder in the cloud sync folder.
5) Repeat 1, 3, 4 on other computer(s). (No need for 2 since the folder should be there from sync. You could merge if needed)

Now whenever your addons (or saved variables) change it's sync'd to the cloud and back to your other computer.
This is a phenomenal idea!

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to work exactly as specified above for W10 Pro 64bit {for me, at least}. I've tried using both Dropbox & Google Drive, as well as, using different types of links {junctions, smart copy, hardlinks, etc} & every time I try to link the 2nd computer's addon folder to the already created Dropbox/Google folder, it just creates a new folder & links to that one.

So, while I can't figure out {yes I looked at all of the Link Shell Extension documentation} how to make it work as described above, it does work wonderfully for at least keeping 2 junctioned folders on Dropbox that I can easily copy/paste between.

Kudos to Sasky for providing the link!!