View Single Post
10/16/15, 05:25 AM   #10
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Sounds great! You have much more "intel" so I was wrong then I guess
LOL no - I am was just saying that if someone is a current GSA user and they wanted to take part in a weekly upload (which I don't think will ever happen) then IN THEORY - I could create 1 master database out of many and GSA can view it/sort it all.

After playing and being on this site for a year, I know that no matter what I post in my forums or main page will be read and if on the off chance someone wants to do this, it would be 2 users max (which is nice but not a great sample size).

GSA keeps data from they day you started using it so if the more individuals that merge the more data you have and it can go back months.

I just thought one would have to submit "actual" data multiple times every day (depending on each server too) to get a good and actual list of items to sell/buy AND the guild trader where you will find it.
To do what I suggested, as long as a user logs in and uploads once a week (and downloads the new combined db) it should work fine.

BUT this is not my thread :-) I am sorry if I derailed it.

I came up with this idea a few months ago when I was trying to make GSA "dual account" compatible. I was unable to but, when combining 3 user databases, for testing, I realized it had that the potential to do this and very easily because a current GSA user has all their sales data already outside the game and history going back (in most cases) months.

That's it. Maybe this info could help one of the authors, maybe it can't. I was explaining how it "could" be done in my addon. That's is all :-)

And it maybe even out of date 1 second after the data was savd to the SavedVariables. So if you do not upload it at the same time, or at least in the next few minutes, it is just an "old" dump...
based on your definition my solution would be a big "old dump" :-)

that's why I was curious, like you how they would accomplish this.

Even the tool mentioned Price Tracker Updated has to be run, then you wait until it finished and after that the data is as close to "real-time" as possible but if you are on playing for 15 minutes then that data has now become an "old dump".

I hope I cleared that up. I only know what I have seen and experienced between fixing/maintaing Shopkeeper, writing GSA and then changing GSA to be MM compatible.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 10/16/15 at 05:44 AM. Reason: grammer