View Single Post
06/10/14, 07:47 AM   #4
HalloweenWeed

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi HalloweenWeed,

Minion does not install DirectX, it does however install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, is that maybe what you are talking about?

The log shows something blocking Minion from connecting to the internet. In Norton 360 can you look in your activity log and see if its blocking connections to api.mmoui.com (port 443) or cdn.mmoui.com (port 80) for Minion? When Minion starts it checks to see if it can read the headers from those two places and if it can't it displays that error. I'm guessing Norton white listed Minion 2.0.8 but when you re-installed with 2.0.9 it probably got blacklisted or the domains api.mmoui.com, cdn.mmoui.com some how got blocked?

Also why did you re-install Minion if I can ask? Minion self updates. Did you have trouble with Minion self updating so you tried to re-install to get the update?

Thank you for providing all this great info!
I checked the Norton logs for the time that Minion attempted to access the Internet recently, and I see where Norton detected Minion "preparing to connect to the Internet" and took no action. That is the only log entry at that minute, there are other entries for Windows host processes doing the same within a few minutes of that entry, but again Norton took no action; they are just "detected" entries. I see nothing in the logs within a few minutes of running Minion that says anything about blocking any web addresses (URL nor IP addresses). Did you see that I had tried turning off Norton protection and still had the same prob? And BTW, the error doesn't come up until the main interface opens, then the error on top of that instantly. When opening Minion, I get the small "splash screen" window, and it persists for about a full minute or more (has taken more like 5min in the past W/older versions) before the interface opens - seems like it takes a long time, but it has always behaved this way for me even with past versions.

The bottom line is that the old version or Minion worked for me, and the new one doesn't. So I will use the old version. The old version 2.0.8 beta works just fine, so I'll let you guys just fix the new version, I have done my part of the diagnosis, if you can't see that the new version is flawed I can't make you see it, GL to you.

Last edited by HalloweenWeed : 06/10/14 at 08:39 AM.