View Single Post
07/13/21, 01:21 PM   #3
ShadowMau
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You were right. It does work as expected when the companion settings menu is opened. You can not just have the dialog page opened, it must be the settings menu. That would be very annoying to have to open the menu, do the switch, then close the menu every time.

I will continue to look at the file collectibledatamanager.lua. I have found how they set the entry to "active." It looks like the way they trigger it, it may use the tree entry data to store active or not active. I have a few other ideas, but most revolve around figuring out how they store the data and use it themselves. It may not show up in the files they provide.

Let the exploration begin!!!

UPDATE: I found that I can use /script d(GetActiveCollectibleByType(COLLECTIBLE_CATEGORY_TYPE_MOUNT, GAMEPLAY_ACTOR_CATEGORY_COMPANION)) and it will show the collectible id of the mount the companion has active. So . . . we can use GAMEPLAY_ACTOR_CATEGORY_COMPANION in functions that get data without having the companion settings menu open. We just can't use it to set anything.

Last edited by ShadowMau : 07/13/21 at 03:41 PM.