View Single Post
11/03/21, 05:47 AM   #1
Jammet

What to do, in ESO?

With this patch, it's easier to collect sets, and that's a good thing if you ask me.

However, food for thought: most of the things I've done, in all that time, in ESO, was go into dungeons for that daily "maybe I'll get xyz this time", lottery. The RNG.

There are many dungeons, trials and raids that tell a story even, yes, but we've seen most of these literally hundreds of times now. What else is there? Cyrodiil and the Imperial City for PVP. Even there you collect sets, but usually you just go in there to play. Some may go there to get rich or collect, but most will be there just for fun.

But what do you do now, when you're done questing, and you just don't have any sets to collect, because you either don't need them and you aren't aiming for the 100%? What if the game for you is mostly about the adventure? Because the grind is virtually over now. You still do grind a little bit for the sets, but there is a definite end in sight, even when you start, at the very beginning.

I love doing the quests, and I'm glad there's more with every DLC. But to be honest, I've always hoped for a mega dungeon that goes on and on, not endlessly, but something that you can go into, just to enjoy yourself and farm resources at ever increasing difficulty the further you progress. Make it a gambit, make me lose everything if I die once, if you like. But that would be something I'd play a lot now, too.

So. What's my play style? If you play like me, you collect those most important meta sets. You don't fancy experimenting with builds in general. You're not interested in achievements. You try to be reasonable or above average when it comes to PVE dps. You have a mild interest in PVP, but you're not competitive. You've been in all these dungeons hundreds of times, and epic amount of hours. You're done collecting. You've finished the last quest.

Do you move on from ESO?