View Single Post
09/26/18, 12:35 PM
Join Date: Mar 2014
As you said you have read the threads about this: What did you do already in detail please?
And there always should be a minion.log file if you start the minion programm.
It should be located here: %USERPROFILE% if you have installed Minion to the original installation folder.
Press the windows key, enter %USERPROFILE% and press return key.
Inside the file explorer opened folder search for the directory ".minion".
Open it and in there should be the minion.xml file and minion.log.
0. Check if your username contains any non-latin characters! If so rename your windows username to only contain latin chars as MInion won't support non-latin chars in the windows username!
1. Uninstall Minion.
2. Delete/rename the minion.xml file to say minion to reset all settings -> See the path above:
instead of 64bit even if you use a 64bit Operating System!
3. Install to the default path
4. Start Minion ALWAYS with administartor rights (right click the link of Minion on your desktop/start menu, choose "Properties" and then choose "Start as administartor" in the enhanced settings.)
5. Remove all Elder Scrolls Online related files like AddOns and SavedVariables from your OneDrive if you use OneDrive! Put it to the standard c:\users\your windows username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live folder again
6. Be sure to allow Minion in your antivirus + firewall software (also within Windows Defender!). Search online for Whitelist/allow/exclusion and your antivirus/firewall software name to check how this will be done.
7. If Minion does not start do not close the client (check if the minion process is still active via the task manager) and check the log file's end what is the last thing written in there. e.g. "Ping ...." and then nothing more ? -> Your network is not able to reach the minion servers.
Check if you use a proxy server to connect to the internet and disable it so Minion can start. Then check the Monion settings in the Minion UI (top right corner -> gear icon left to the small i) and setup your proxy in there properly.
8. If Minion won't open check if the windows system tray got a small Minion icon (red rectangle icon with white eye in it), right click it and choose "Reset position". If there is no minion icon in the systemtray check if it is hidden behind the small upwards triangle icon of windows, left to the clock in the system bar (hidden system tray icons).
9. Read other forum threads in here to check what other problems like ipv4 versus ipv6 + java could be the issue and use the fixes/info given in those threads then.
10. If Minion starts but addons wont be recognized change inside the Minion settings the folder depth to search through so all subfolders get scanned properly.
Hope this helps.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Baertram
Find More Posts by Baertram