View Single Post
04/24/16, 07:46 PM   #1
Auldjohn

Question Add-On to check for ZOS Out-of-Date flag?

I realize the "interface" between ZOS, ZAM, and ESOUI can be difficult. Minion is invaluable for managing (and locating) my ESO Add-Ons. Kudos to ZAM and ESOUI as well as to innumerable Add-On Devs.

However, as the ESO API continues to "evolve" (?) , increasingly I find that despite using Minion to ensure my installed Add-Ons are the most current version, I log in to ESO only to find that many them are flagged Out-of-Date in game settings.

Some supposedly outdated Add-Ons still function properly such as Photographer which I use for removing UI elements from screen caps. I frequently use a screencap for my Guild's web site Wallpaper, or annotated as the preferred thumbnail for my ESO vid cap uploads to YouTube.

Others, which Minion says are up-to-date, but are flagged out-of-date in ESO, produce masses of LUA or script errors when the in-game session loads.

The AO community is a dedicated, but loose group of Devs, most of whom diligently endeavor to ensure reliability and compatibility with other AOs. That being said, is there a User focused Add-On to compare against the current ZOS/ESO API to check for "Out-of-Date" status?

FYI, while not a developer, I am a retired IT Pro/Consultant for hardware, software, infrastructure, website development and support. I've been a dedicated PC gamer since DOS days, as well as an ESO PC Closed Beta Test participant starting in mid-August 2013 as a member of the Zenithar Test group.

I'm also Domain Owner, and Enjin-hosted Site Owner for my Guild's website. I've played ESO from Closed Beta through today (on PC), as well as Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim on PC then Steam, as well as other games.

This may be asking for the impossible. If it helps, I volunteer to Beta test any attempts to create such an Add-On. TIA for any constructive feedback to this post.