View Single Post
11/26/20, 06:28 PM   #3
Sylvermoon
Hi Baertram, and thanks so much for your Advanced Filters addon - can't live without it.

I didn't realize that about addons and this game, as I've never had any ability to deal with lua. I gave up html, css, and php some years back when I fired all my website clients and retired (for the 4th time). So thanks for explaining that.

My screens are both 1920 x 1080, yes set up one left, one right. I keep the game window NOT full screen because vertigo is a major issue for me - yes there is negative space "outside" my screens, but when my eyes have nowhere on the screens to land I wind up.... um.... very ill indeed. Just moving my focus from a very busy screen burst (spells mostly but also sometimes animations) to the living room window where I can see outside can cause me to nearly fall off my chair. The only thing that works well is to have black negative space around the game window, and that's why I don't play full screen.

My right screen has Excel with my spreadsheets for my game accounts, my email program, and my browser window, so is full enough that there's not much "black real estate" there. The smaller game window is how I manage games - my hobby isn't always in agreement with my physical issues as I hit mid-70s.

My left monitor is my primary, and also set as default in ESO, yes. My problem is that I have HDMI on the primary (left) screen, and that's where I want the game to open - so no need to change that. But I just can't deal with the game window in the top right corner because of the way I have my desk, screens, and chair set up (which is the way it is because of the vertigo).

It seems that I'll just need to keep moving the game window manually. The most annoying thing is that my NVIDIA cards used to have (many years back) an option to set where a given game opened, but they quit supporting that a decade ago now I think.

Ah well. I suppose I should just be happy I am still playing games!

Thank you again for your time, and the explanation about addons - as well as your own Filters one. I hope your holidays will be very happy, whichever of them you keep!