View Single Post
08/08/21, 06:42 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Otherwise unless an author knows what Lua errors users should expect they need to be corrected. To me it's like driving down the road with your car on fire and then redirecting the audible sound telling you to get out before your car explodes to make it silent so you don't have to listen to it over and over and over.
Yeah, your words in the ears of those "annoyed users". Unfortunately they won't tell the errors as this is sooooo much time they would have to invest and as long as the UI is not broken and they can go on playing, supressing them is less work
I'm very annoyed of these suppressing addons as well, as I got so much error reports which were related to just a broken UI because of errors they due not see/didn't not want to see and so on.

@Phuein Instead of printing to chat the old way and having to adjust it each time a patch comes up make use of LibChatMessage, or use the d() message (which was not invented to show chat messages but debug information though!).
And for your debugging or info messages use LibDebugLogger and DebugLogViewer. Helps a lot to track errors and provides a list of installed/Activated addons if they share their SV file of LibDbeugLogger.