View Single Post
01/02/16, 05:16 PM   #12
Arterion
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
idle time on the character selectino screen was changed in Orsinium
now it is like 5 min only

in game stayed the same

btw the real anti-kick addon will be nice
I am really interested in an anti-idle thing. I takes a long time for my game to load. There are also reasons why I want to not idle out. For example, when I hit v1 in blackwater and need to step away, but don't want to get kicked just yet. (I kinda hate vet pvp, so playing an extra day at v1 before rerolling is a lot. Especially since I get 10% bonus XP for being ESO Plus!)

I am currently sitting on a 3 day ban for "botting", and I (politely) asked wtf they were even talking about and got a canned response that threatening "permanent account closure" for future incidents, even though they haven't explained what I was doing wrong -- kindof afraid to log back in at this point.

I am under the impression that the game's lua addons are "approved" in a way, and if so if there's a way to avoid idling out without relying on a keyboard macro, I'd like to know it. If I bind the the space key to move forward and run into a corner, does the old trick of "leave a book laying on the space key" work as a low-tech solution?

I am seriously upset that I got a suspension, and even more upset they aren't clearly explaining why. I read the terms of service and don't know how circumventing the idle timer is a violation. There are actual bots out there (mostly for harvesting stuff), expensive gaming keyboards have sophisticated macros, and there are outright memory hacks that aren't public -- I use nothing like that. Lord knows my game crashes about every hour or so anyway, but I'd like to at least not get kicked off because I have to take a bio or phone call.

Of course maybe my account got flagged for something else. I run a lot of addons, and I use Sorien's launcher to remove fog, and I use Reshade for shader post-processing, I use Overwolf for teamspeak overlays, I use recording software for video capture and streaming. I am really not sure what flagged as botting. But I have a hunch it was my anti-idle measures.

Are there any clear forum responses that explain is it okay to do in the game and what is a violation? I actually DO want to play by the rules, but it seems like there is a lot of grey area.