Thread: Idle timeout
View Single Post
01/04/16, 11:35 AM   #15
Arterion
Originally Posted by CaptainBlagbird View Post
Are you sure it was for botting? There are also other possibilities, e.g. there was (is?) a bug in an add-on function that made it possible to bank items that normally couldn't be banked. Some add-ons abused this deliberetly but other add-ons that used this function had this feature by accident and I think some users unintentionally got in trouble because of that.
No, I'm not sure, and it worries me. Customer support was extremely vague. I got one reply that as was vague as the initial suspension notice. I haven't gotten a second reply to my request for clarification. Without knowing exactly what got my account flagged, I don't know how to prevent it from happening again.

It would be sad if an efficient anti-idle routine gets flagged as botting, but spamming the server with move signals by laying a book on the spacebar might be allowed.

I don't bot or hack this game. I could, but I don't. I mean, it is our dirty little secret that Sorien's launcher enables protected functions. But as far as I know we all rely on the honor system not to use them. (At least not for malicious reasons!)

Though from Ayantir's post, it seems like you don't need protected functions (or a keyboard macro [or a heavy book]) to defeat the timer. Obviously I can't login to test right now, but based on this thread, I'll make a wild guess that sheathing and unsheathing your weapons every few minutes would defeat the idle timeout. Is that botting? Is ZOS seriously down for suspending ESO Plus subscribers over something so benign?