View Single Post
03/18/14, 11:09 AM   #29
NixonInnes

Build Link

This is what I've been playing/working towards, fairly typical Sw/Sh & RStaff. The main premise for the build is a supportive tank, utilizing lots of active regeneration and cast-able shields. I've not worked out what kinda of stat distribution I'll need, presumably heavy on magicka with all the casts, leaving a reasonable amount of stamina to absorb blocks and spam taunt skills (with the obvious large HP dump).

I'd be interested to find out more about the cast-able shields (i.e. Ward Ally); how effective they are at damage mitigation and how well they are going to scale at end-game. If anyone has any info, then please share, I've not been able to dig up much on them.

A typical fight would go something like:-
RStaff: Apply regens & buffs;
Swap weapon;
Sw/Sh: Taunt, debuff & buffs;
Smack 'em around a lil';
repeat every 6 - 10 secs;

Ward Ally & Radiant Ward are your shortest duration wards, at 6secs.
There are 2 problems associated with playing like this; #1 Magicka, #2 Magicka!
Hah, they're not the same... Kinda.
The first problem stems from having to keep up your wards, and not having enough mana as a resource pool. This can be somewhat overcome by using the wards a little more intelligently and sparingly, as well as statting into it.
The second problem, and more of a concern, is you will not regenerate magicka while your Radient Ward is active. This is where Channeled Focus, Healing Springs & Siphon Spirit will come in... maybe.
Obviously this is all speculation, and I've not tested it!

So... What'd'ya think?