View Single Post
04/21/22, 08:13 AM   #4
mielyn
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The addons only contain txt files and no executable files. There exist a few which include executables, like TamrielTradeCenter.
All addons zip files get scanned for viruses before they get activated as a possible download.
My antivirus tools do not tell me there are any viruses here, so I bet it's a false positive at your used software.

And maybe it's just the wording but since when is a browser telling you there are viruses? This should be any software installed on your computer which uses a browser plugin then, or a browser enhancement you have installed?

There also exist online virus scanners where you post a file and they let it scan by several antivir tools for you and present the results. You can use this if you do not believe us :-)
Example https://www.virustotal.com
Thank you for the answer. Yes, I read this earlier, and that has always been my understanding, too. As for my browser flagging it-- no, it was not a wording thing. Both Firefox and Chrome have built-in virus scanning, so far as I can tell. It was not flagged by Windows Defender, since my browsers never actually let the download complete.

Having said that-- I suspect it WAS an issue with the site, because today it is working just fine, and I have not installed any updates on my computer whatsoever.