Thread: MM not updating
View Single Post
11/01/23, 07:17 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For anyone else reading this, just linking and refreshing sales and trying to update by resting information and then possibly uninstalling and installing MM isn't going to change the server behavior at all. So stop needlessly trying to throw spaghetti on the wall to see what happens.

You all know it is due to ZOS data restrictions. You all know that when you log in you have the possibility for new sales after you log in and older sales for the time you were not playing. I call these online and offline sales.

The game developers only provide a way to request offline sales and those requests can be denied by the server. There is no way to request online sales.

If you are online for 20 hours and no new sales come in then there is enough of a server demand that they will not come in, period. LibHistoire is not broken, MM is not broken, nothing is out of date, nothing is wrong, nothing happened, the U40 didn't change anything. and so on.

In fact the more you mess with things the greater chance you have at doing something I would not do and cause the internal MM variables to get completely messed up that I use to track when the refresh has finished.

The tracking variables are per session so the only way to reset them is to log out and then log in. Once you do that be sure you link your sales as shown in the docs. If you want to refresh then you can. However, do it only once. Then wait until it's finished. If that doesn't work other variables could be messed up so you can log out and log in again. Then try the refresh again. Maybe it will calm down after that.

I just logged on today and got sales and had no issue but I didn't stay to see if new sales were coming in or not. It's all based on server load anyway. Mods don't have a way to tell you, "Hey the server is under load, you will not get sales!!!!!" because it's not an option from the developers.