View Single Post
05/14/14, 11:53 PM   #6
Eleventeen
Originally Posted by Wobin View Post
I had a quick glance, although I guess my question is, you mentioned bugged groups. Does the invite even -work- if they're in a bugged group? Don't they still need to drop group before being invited?
Yea. Usually /invite playername works even when the menu doesn't display.

Sometimes they have to do a party leave.

At the very worse, - I get an error message explaining whats wrong - and thus I can contact them to tell them about it:
EG:
Player has an outstanding request he must accept/decline
or
Player is already in a group (They maybe have to leave a 1man party or maybe relog, but most is just user error)
or
Account not found (this one means he's offline, or has the offline while online bug)
or
You are not the party leader (party leader bug)

Either way, having the command available, so I can get that error message and thus proceed to correct it is FAR more valuable to me then some stupid auto menu that bugs and doesn't show me even the option so I have no idea what the issue is.

So yes, even if the addon cant solve the client/server bugs, which I don't expect it to, it would be still very useful to me.

I'd also like the addon to print a message in chat, to confirm I invited the correct player:
Inviting (playername), awaiting response...
or maybe playername@handle could be useful too, to be very sure.

As currently you get ZERO feedback when it worked successfully, and could be waiting hours, and maybe you misspelled the name, or clicked the wrong guy cuz your drunk.. (The party invite currently never times out)

Last edited by Eleventeen : 05/14/14 at 11:59 PM.