View Single Post
08/20/15, 06:58 PM   #7
domintheus
Well, I'd really like to be able to bring a limited number of threads in a guild's forum to the game. One of the biggest problems these days is the increased sense of rush, where no one seems to have time to utilize a guild website anymore. Guild websites are great for structure and organization of Guild Events, information, and help where each member can benefit greatly. Nobody seems to want to Alt-Tab out anymore, so if a thread has been updated, it would be among the few threads that the addon can pull from the forum. If a person is interested in what has been said, and wants to contribute to that conversation, they can then press a button to update topics (reload ui), read the new stuff, write a comment, post the comment (reload ui), and move on. All while in the game.

It would have to be configured with the web address of the php translating file on the guild's website, and with the individual's forum login info.

I say a few threads only because initially I'd like to see how much of an impact it would have on the memory usage. I'd likely keep it to the initial thread post, and the last 3 comments for up to 5 total threads to begin.