View Single Post
08/20/15, 08:00 PM   #8
haggen

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm working on such software http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4934

I haven't updated the thread yet but I have had some real progress.

The current concept is this:

The add-on manifest gets a new keyword "ArgonianUploadEndpoint", see an example:

Code:
## Name: ...
## ...
## ArgonianUploadEndpoint: <endpoint>
Once the user has the software -- Argonian -- running, it scans add-ons with said configuration and sends its saved variables to back to the add-on owner. Then it saves the last-modified-time of the file to avoid sending the same data twice, and awaits the files to change, when it repeats the operation.

It'll even accept URL or e-mail as endpoints, where it'll upload or send the file as an attachment accordingly.

I believe I'm somewhere around 70% of completion, maybe 2 weeks until a first version.

It's taking me sometime because of a couple of reasons; a) it's been a while since I last worked with .NET, so I'm still getting the hang of things; b) I work over full-time on my own job which leaves me with rare times during the week and most of the weekends to work on it; and c) I realized in the middle of the work that I needed to figure out some things before continuing (as you can see in my thread, I considered spinning up a server, which now I discarded).

Last edited by haggen : 08/20/15 at 08:07 PM.