View Single Post
02/19/14, 02:44 AM   #14
TopfliteB

Originally Posted by fishyyy View Post
Hi guys
I also played Templar as main char until lvl 20 PVE and PVP.

My Build WAS:
- Altmer for Mana boni (prefer Breton for the released Game now since I won´t use +15% dest. Staff exp but light armor)
- Copletely light armor for Mana
- Strong focus on restoring light/resto staff and at least one damage ability from dawns wrath
- Only Restoration staff

Playing in a Group of 4 in PVE I just needed to stay out of melee combat and heal from range. Worked out pretty well. Then in PVP I used the same strategy but always had a hard time with dragon knights/nightblades coming too close. Now after spending some moments thinking it over I am sure I only managed/survived because I was (at least) 5 lvl higher than average players.

NOW: I will definetly stick with light armor because I need that mana. And now that switching weapons to react to a change in situation came to my attention I will go with the following:
1st set: Resto staff with lots of heals +Nova ultimate
2nd set: 1H/Shield with control abilities from Aedric Spear/Invastion from 1H/Shield

I want to heal/buff the **** out of my team from a safe distance and when I can not avoid melee combat I gain survivability with 1h/shield and just try to knockdown/disable my enemy as long as needed to get out of the situation so i can concentrate on further supporting/healing.

Keep on sharing builds, it is inspiring
Nice thinking here mate! I too played a Templar Healer/Mage, only got mine to 18 though.

I too hit the soft cap on magicka and regen and I like your idea of swapping out a few pieces of light armor for heavy. In light of these thoughts, and because it does a little to scratch the itch....

A possible build for my secondary skill bar- Sword and board, 5 Light Armor 2 Heavy Armor