View Single Post
10/24/19, 09:26 PM   #1
goobsnake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BetterUI (Gamepad) add-on - Issue with newly protected "SelectSlotItem"

I've been maintaining this gamepad add-on for awhile now but am running into issues with one of the new protected functions. In the past, the code called self:ShowQuickslot() to bring up the gamepad quickslots radial to assign/remove inventory quickslot items without issue.

With the latest patch, ShowQuickslot() is still bringing up the radial but it appears somewhere down the line the "assign" button click is now protected via "SelectSlotItem" (likely similar to how use/equip, etc. are protected). I'm having difficulty finding a way to re-implement the quickslots assign/remove functionality as any way I'm bringing up the quickslots radial eventually leads to this same error.

The documentation states SelectSlotItem is now protected but my LUA error is saying its private?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Lua Error:

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Quickslot/Gamepad/GamepadQuickslot.lua:339: Attempt to access a private function 'SelectSlotItem' from insecure code. The callstack became untrusted 1 stack frame(s) from the top.
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Quickslot/Gamepad/GamepadQuickslot.lua:339: in function 'ZO_GamepadQuickslot:TryAssignItemToSlot'
<Locals> self = [table:1]{itemToSlotId = 1, itemToSlotIndex = 27, assignmentType = 1, isActiveEmpty = F}, selectedData = [table:2]{name = "Empty", activeIcon = "EsoUI/Art/Quickslots/quickslot...", data = 10, inactiveIcon = "EsoUI/Art/Quickslots/quickslot..."} </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Quickslot/Gamepad/GamepadQuickslot.lua:154: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:645: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
<Locals> self = [table:3]{allowDefaultExit = T, insertionId = 25, batchUpdating = F}, keybind = "UI_SHORTCUT_PRIMARY", buttonOrEtherealDescriptor = ud, keybindButtonDescriptor = [table:4]{name = "Assign", addedForSceneName = "gamepad_quickslot", alignment = 1, keybind = "UI_SHORTCUT_PRIMARY", order = -500} </Locals>
(tail call): ?
(tail call): ?|r

Last edited by goobsnake : 10/24/19 at 09:32 PM.