View Single Post
02/17/14, 03:42 PM   #3
ablueman
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
Red Diamond is considerably a better racial that Robust.

Red Diamond is a separate entity, meaning that it won't be affected by another stat or mechanic that will make it any less valuable. It will always be a guarantee that you will have a 10% chance to restore health on melee swing.

Robust is a 15% increase to health regen, which can be capped, quite easily I might add, is affected by other health regen passives you may take in skill trees, and is affected by the amount of health point stats you put into attributes and gear, making it less valuable, if not the worst possible racial to have, over time. Also, to note, racials that have an "in combat" effect associated with them are even less valuable.

I'm guessing you are trying to determine between an Imperial and an Orc (or Nord, or one other), which is better as a tank/melee character? A 10 min fight in ESO is highly unlikely, even on a "boss" fight. The game mechanics are not really designed for fights that last more than 3-5 minutes.
I think Red Diamond is the better of the two. But it is only a 10% chance of up to 6hp even with something like +% incoming healing and scaling, im not sure its going to make that big a difference, potentially as a Dragon Knight or haste nightblade ...