View Single Post
11/10/21, 10:33 AM   #3
YesImBattman

Thanks for the reply Dolgubon! I honestly don't expect to get many so I truly appreciate it. BTW: IMHO, your LWC addon is probably one of the most useful in the game! (but you already know that)

Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
1 - I think there's some intellij plugins, but personally I use sublime text.
Does Sublime have good Lua autocomplete? ESO APIs supported? I don't mind paying for a good Editor if it meets my needs.

2 - Increase a number that's it there's really
HAHAHA! Yeah, I was wondering how I was gonna sort through EVENT changes. Not a problem now but if I had a half dozen or so to support that process could get overwhelming without some automation. Guessing that waiting for reports from users might be a strategy and would point out problems, regardless? For popular addons such as LWC that data would come in quickly but for new Devs with fewer addons I'd guess a few testers would be best?

3 - For the most part, develop on live. There's usually little point to developing on pts. Reasons could be for the template toons and free resources (maybe you burn through lots of temp alloys?) or an upcoming patch. But even with an upcoming patch, there's usually little enough difference that it doesn't matter which you use. I haven't done anything on PTS in ages.
I hadn't considered the wasting of resources. That all makes sense.

4 - Nothing off the top of my head, sorry

5 - Fly! Get Circonian's addon selector, create a coding profile with only essential addons. MM is an absolute no-no while coding. Check outTextureIt, torchbug or zgoo, and possibly other dev utility addons depending on what you're doing. The esoui github can be useful, and the esoui gitter chat is good for help with stuff too.
I have been using addon selector for a very long time now. Its a great addon! I moved away from MM not long ago. Not sure I'll be going back to it. Not wanting to beat up such a popular addon but it appears to use way more resources than I'm comfortable with. Instead, I'm using Arkadius' Trade Tools. I'm hoping to see continued support for it. In any case, I have created addon profiles for each of the addons I maintain, just as you suggested. I will absolutely check out the addons you recommended, Thanks!

One additional question for you, please: 'Is there a Developers Discord Channel you could recommend?' Looking for an invite, if so!