View Single Post
04/28/14, 08:51 AM   #3
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It would only be possible if the addon was built using unique logic for every single zone and subzone in game that cause new map dimensions, which basically means there would be around 200+ different algorithms for calculating range with precision and whatever author was maintaining the addon would have to have a very specially built character to do so with, one with/without certain abilities and/or morphs so that skill ranges were also very precisely known.

Most games using a common grid size and report your actual position in 3D space when you ask for coordinates. TESO does not. TESO supplies Horizontal, Vertical and Heading in relation to the current map which is baselined at a certain grid-size but scaled (increasing/decreasing each zone's individual grid-size).

Wykkyd's Framework has a rangefinder that I claim is roughly 90% accurate. To do it I did a lot of travelling on PTS and a lot of testing with different spells and bow skills (including snipe). You'd be in one zone and max snipe range would report as 53.27819 grid units difference between me and target. In another zone it'd be 19.327832 grid units. In a third zone it might be 103.896732 (all ballparked but very realistic).

Since the game doesn't present precise information with which to do precise range-finding the best we can do is reverse-engineer based upon our expectations using the data we're given.