View Single Post
04/29/14, 03:18 AM   #4
Saftsuse

Ok, so that is why its a difference between the range finding addons, one addon shows 1m, another shows 2m, etc. I was in a public dungon yesterday, and I could attack at what seemed to be 40m, I thought it was something wrong with the addon, so I tested a few more, with the same result. Thanks for clearing that up.

But wouldnt it be possible to make some sort of library? Where players reported their different findings. For example max range is Y, max melee distance is X, some spells got different max ranges, max interaction distance. Then adjust the range finder accordingly for each zone, with this librarys help, add an "m" behind the number?

Or even record the players own findings, in zone A max range is X, then in zone B etc? Then make the max range show as 28m, and at the same spot as target show as 0m, then everything in between is made out by some math?

Or would it be possible to show when the target is exactly within range as it should be possible to see if a ranged ability like a spell with max range 28m is castable at target, and from there find everything else?

Last edited by Saftsuse : 04/29/14 at 03:36 AM.