02/19/15, 12:15 PM   #1
Vanch
Price Tracker - Average/Median/Most Popular? Which to choose?

I'm currently using - http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info5...ceTracker.html

It lets you see prices of items in four different ways:

- Weighted average: The average price of all items, with stack sizes taken into account. For example, a stack of 10 items will be counted 10 times when calculating the average price.
- Median price: The price value for which half of the items cost more and half cost less.
- Most popular price: The most common price value.

Which of these three is the best for finding out roughly how much something is worth? I'm not a maths whiz and this kind of thing goes right over my head. Just wondering which of the three to use when calculating prices of items with this add-on.

I also just noticed there seems to be an updated version of this addon - http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...erUpdated.html (Is this better than the original? I can't tell the difference really).

Thanks guys.
02/19/15, 12:22 PM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
updated is a lot better
look at the original last update date

then look at the chngelog tab of Updated version
02/19/15, 12:39 PM   #3
Garkin

I personally use Weighted Average in Price Tracker Updated.

But you should be aware of Price Tracker limitations. Price Tracker uses prices from items listed in guild store, not from sold items. It means that prices could be atificially inflated by someone who lists items for absurdly high prices. Price displayed by Shopkeeper is much more accurate, because it uses prices just from items which were actually sold. However Shopkeeper has a lot less data then Price Tracker, so there will be cases when you won't find price for item you want to sell.
02/19/15, 01:02 PM   #4
Vanch
So if you had to choose one, would you say Shopkeeper was more accurate for finding out prices of certain items?
02/19/15, 02:12 PM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by Vanch View Post
So if you had to choose one, would you say Shopkeeper was more accurate for finding out prices of certain items?
Yes. Shopkeeper's prices are more accurate.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Price Tracker - Average/Median/Most Popular? Which to choose?