06/06/15, 02:36 PM   #1
Roselle_ESO

[Addon Request] Warlock Set Bonus timer

Hi addon developers,

The Warlock Set Bonus (Magicka Flood)...

Could someone please develop an addon that shows a countdown timer and when the the set bonus is ready to be used again?

Or point me in the direction to a currently working addon for just this purpose (or can be...)?

I've looked into Garkin's or Wykkyd's developments in the past but I have no way of getting this to work without asking for help.

Thank you,
Minoa
06/09/15, 02:28 PM   #2
Argusus
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure what is available in the API for that. I didn't see an item set cool down event or methods. I only found GetItemLinkSetBonusInfo. I suppose it would be possible to do this but wouldn't be reliable I don't think. Because you would have to monitor magic when it drops below a 33% of your magic, you assume that the item set perk fires and start a countdown on the screen from 60 secs.

I am probably missing an Api call to monitor this but it doesn't sound too difficult to manual monitor your magic and fire a timer.

Possible to monitor the EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT
For the warlock magic flood and see if they are displaying that in the ability text, if they are the timer could be displayed when that happens, that might be better.

Last edited by Argusus : 06/09/15 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added more information
06/09/15, 02:42 PM   #3
Garkin

Originally Posted by Argusus View Post
I'm not sure what is available in the API for that. I didn't see an item set cool down event or methods. I only found GetItemLinkSetBonusInfo. I suppose it would be possible to do this but wouldn't be reliable I don't think. Because you would have to monitor magic when it drops below a 33% of your magic, you assume that the item set perk fires and start a countdown on the screen from 60 secs.

I am probably missing an Api call to monitor this but it doesn't sound too difficult to manual monitor your magic and fire a timer.

Possible to monitor the EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT
For the warlock magic flood and see if they are displaying that in the ability text, if they are the timer could be displayed when that happens, that might be better.
Check addon Set Buddy, it tracks warlock set proc. But I''m not sure if it still works or if it will need updating for the latest API.
06/09/15, 02:49 PM   #4
Argusus
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Check addon Set Buddy, it tracks warlock set proc. But I''m not sure if it still works or if it will need updating for the latest API.
That's awesome! Exactly what he was looking for.. Looks like he needs someone to take it over. Should be relatively easy to add new item set proc. Where applicable.

I'm working on another addon right now but I will keep this one in mind.
06/09/15, 03:13 PM   #5
Roselle_ESO

Yeah I tried out Set Buddy, seems it won't work no matter what I do.

If you can get something going, Argusus, I'd appreciate it. =)
06/09/15, 03:16 PM   #6
Argusus
Originally Posted by Roselle_ESO View Post
Yeah I tried out Set Buddy, seems it won't work no matter what I do.

If you can get something going, Argusus, I'd appreciate it. =)
I haven't taken over an addon before but I'll look into what I would need to do in order to get this working.. It might be a few days before I can look into
it.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » [Addon Request] Warlock Set Bonus timer