08/26/15, 06:01 AM   #1
Wandamey
I get it that the technical challenge is fun here, but for me it takes between 30s/3mn to reloadui, i wouldn't ever edit a site or post a message on a site like that.

And if the data are send only at the end of my session, i'll have the risk to lose all of my editing on a crash :s

Having the possibility to read new infos on the other side... seems fair enough.
08/26/15, 06:10 AM   #2
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
I get it that the technical challenge is fun here, but for me it takes between 30s/3mn to reloadui, i wouldn't ever edit a site or post a message on a site like that.

And if the data are send only at the end of my session, i'll have the risk to lose all of my editing on a crash :s

Having the possibility to read new infos on the other side... seems fair enough.
Same here, I would rather alt-tab to do that. It would only be beneficial to exchange the in-game data between add-on users as a part of such solution. Updates could happen before and after gaming sessions.
08/26/15, 06:46 AM   #3
Wandamey
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
Updates could happen before and after gaming sessions.
yeah i know but reading the last state of the forum/news at login may be an incentive to open the website.

edit, oh sry I see the other potential problem... lol, should force a reloadui on every addon user to get the last message updated in time

Edit : yes I've read the preface, but I don't buy it. they can't alt-tab, but they are fine with reloading? no way, I can check my mails and this forum at each loading screen (not even the reload ones).

Last edited by Wandamey : 08/26/15 at 07:45 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addon connect to external database?