07/18/23, 09:23 PM   #1
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Gelmir View Post
Dan, I just exported set data from ingame ItemSetCollections. Only "/esoui/art/icons/gear_falkreath_bow_a.png.dds" file remains there, which seemingly was forgotten. It's used for "Ironblood", "Draugr's Rest" and "Pillar of Nirn" sets. Just 3 occurences. The rest seems to be fixed.
The cleanup of those assets has not been merged to PTS. We're not tracking the change for PTS, they'll be cleaned up in P40.
07/20/23, 02:52 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Info:
zo_strformat(formatString, ...) and ZO_CachedStrFormat can use 7 params on PTS now (increased from 6)
->
Code:
Added _arg7_
* LocalizeString(*string* _formatString_, *string* _arg1_, *string* _arg2_, *string* _arg3_, *string* _arg4_, *string* _arg5_, *string* _arg6_, *string* _arg7_)
** _Returns:_ *string* _localizedString_
07/28/23, 01:37 PM   #3
Masteroshi430

Note:
"allowFallthrough" in the XML currently causes the game to crash internally, it will be fixed in a future update and the use "allowFallthrough" will then raise an UI error.
If you have this in your xml files it has to be removed.
I already removed it in the Personal Assistant and Roomba addons as requested by (ZOS) Dan Batson.
08/01/23, 04:17 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I've updated the WIKI with that info, at:
https://wiki.esoui.com/Key_bindings

References: https://wiki.esoui.com/Keybindings

Feel free to update/Add/change the info about action layers and keybinds there
07/11/23, 04:57 PM   #5
Anthonysc
So the new

"GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills" function would seem to be related to the
In Cyrodiil and Imperial City specifically, you will also get more information on “crossed swords” showing who’s currently winning in that particular fight.
patch note, correct? In that it is able to return how many deaths occured of each alliance?

Code:
* GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills(*luaindex* _index_, *[Alliance|#Alliance]* _alliance_)
** _Returns:_ *integer* _numKills_
Is the luaindex used the same as used for GetKillLocationPinInfo returned by looping over GetNumKillLocations?

I would suspect that it would be, but seemed reasonable to check.
07/11/23, 11:29 PM   #6
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by Anthonysc View Post
So the new

"GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills" function would seem to be related to the patch note, correct? In that it is able to return how many deaths occured of each alliance?

Code:
* GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills(*luaindex* _index_, *[Alliance|#Alliance]* _alliance_)
** _Returns:_ *integer* _numKills_
Is the luaindex used the same as used for GetKillLocationPinInfo returned by looping over GetNumKillLocations?

I would suspect that it would be, but seemed reasonable to check.
So we use to iterate GetKillLocationPinInfo(*luaindex* _index_) with GetNumKillLocations() to get pintype and X Y coordinates of the pin, according to pintype we will use GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills(*luaindex* _index_, *[Alliance|#Alliance]* _alliance_) ?

it looks like EVENT_PVP_KILL_FEED_DEATH is feeding GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills does anybody knows how many kills per alliance per location is needed to be considered a kill location?
07/15/23, 10:46 AM   #7
Anthonysc
Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
So we use to iterate GetKillLocationPinInfo(*luaindex* _index_) with GetNumKillLocations() to get pintype and X Y coordinates of the pin, according to pintype we will use GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills(*luaindex* _index_, *[Alliance|#Alliance]* _alliance_) ?

it looks like EVENT_PVP_KILL_FEED_DEATH is feeding GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills does anybody knows how many kills per alliance per location is needed to be considered a kill location?
“Crossed sword” indicators are displayed when there have been 3 or more kills in an area within a short period of time, and last for 30 seconds after their initial creation if no more deaths occur.
From the PTS patch notes in the "PvP Death Notifications". It doesn't say anything about per alliance, so I think its just 3 kills total then the game reports the skirmish information based on killed and killer alliance regardless if no one from one of the involved alliances was killed.
It's my sincere hope that if no one from an alliance was killed, and you query that alliance in "GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills" it actually returns 0 and not nil.
07/15/23, 12:50 PM   #8
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by Anthonysc View Post
From the PTS patch notes in the "PvP Death Notifications". It doesn't say anything about per alliance, so I think its just 3 kills total then the game reports the skirmish information based on killed and killer alliance regardless if no one from one of the involved alliances was killed.
It's my sincere hope that if no one from an alliance was killed, and you query that alliance in "GetNumKillLocationAllianceKills" it actually returns 0 and not nil.
I used a minimum of 10 kills including the 3 alliances at a location to add the notification and 5 minutes without kill at the location to remove the notification in CyrHUD.
I'll see if I fine tune/modify this when U39 goes live because it is impossible to test this on PTS due to the low number of players there.

Note:
EVENT_PVP_KILL_FEED_DEATH bugs:
- Triggers once when you commit suicide with slaughterfish (you are then both the killer and the victim)
- triggers twice when another player kills you
I hope these will be fixed before U39 goes live

Last edited by Masteroshi430 : 07/15/23 at 04:27 PM.
07/18/23, 09:15 PM   #9
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
I used a minimum of 10 kills including the 3 alliances at a location to add the notification and 5 minutes without kill at the location to remove the notification in CyrHUD.
I'll see if I fine tune/modify this when U39 goes live because it is impossible to test this on PTS due to the low number of players there.

Note:
EVENT_PVP_KILL_FEED_DEATH bugs:
- Triggers once when you commit suicide with slaughterfish (you are then both the killer and the victim)
- triggers twice when another player kills you
I hope these will be fixed before U39 goes live
Note about the trigger twice thing:

"The client will raise two consecutive kill events to Lua when the victim dies within two detection cells. The reason is that both our local trigger - detected via the Unit's SetDead method - and the server-based "crossed swords" trigger (sent via Region->Client message) fire that kill event.

Rather than having the client try to determine whether the kill occurred within the larger, 10-ish detection radius of any in-range crossed swords or having the server try to determine whether the kill was within the client's two detection cell range... the server just sends the event regardless, as does the Unit::SetDead "local" logic.

To safeguard against this, ChatHandlers.lua creates a singleton:
Code:
g_pvpKillFeedDeathRecurrenceTracker = ZO_RecurrenceTracker:New(EXPIRATION_MS, EXTENSION_MS)
which suppresses the redundant message, if any, when received:
Code:
local numOccurrences = g_pvpKillFeedDeathRecurrenceTracker:AddValue(messageKey)
if numOccurrences > 1 then
    -- Suppress redundant notifications that would otherwise result
    -- from duplicate client- and server-sourced death events.
    return nil
end
"

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 39 (Version 9.1)